Dental Treatments > Cosmetic Dentistry> Teeth Whitening
In-office Whitening – Brighten Teeth in 1 Hour
if you are looking at having the confidence of white teeth, teeth whitening is a non-invasive treatment option based on your natural teeth shades that is safe and fast.
At Chiang Mai dental clinic, advance in-office tooth whitening technology selected are by established and world-wide reputable brands from Zoom Phillips. Teeth whitening results are instant and seen within 1-2 hours. All our in-office teeth whitening at Chiang Mai dental clinic is done by licensed dentists. This means that your teeth are first assessed and the teeth whitening treatment is done and completed by a professional dentist.
What is it that Whitens Teeth?
The main component that whitens teeth is the teeth whitening gel. Teeth bleaching gels contains hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide that bleaches teeth internally. Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is a compound made up of two hydrogen atoms and two oxygen atoms. Hydrogen peroxide breaks apart into water and oxygen as soon as it contacts living cells that has enzyme catalase. Teeth contain organic molecules in their enamel and the dentin. Teeth coloration is based on these molecules reflecting light. The more complex the molecules, the more light they reflect and the more teeth appear stained or discoloured.
Hydrogen peroxide break down complex molecules. The less complex the molecules the less light they reflect enabling a whitening effect or reduction of discoloration of both the enamel and the dentin.
Your visit begins with the oral checkup and identifying any potential dental problems to determine the treatment is suited for you. Teeth whitening treatment methods include:
- In-office whitening
- Take-home bleaching kit
After treatment, temporarily effects such as sensitivity may possibly occur. However, these symptoms will gradually improve and eventually dissipate within 1 to 3 days. Whitening works best on cleaned teeth surfaces. Your dentist may thus recommend an optional teeth cleaning or scaling prior to the start of the treatment.
There are various in-office teeth whitening brands. Almost in-office teeth whitening treatment works with the application of the whitening solution that is activated by wavelengths of lights or laser to speed up the teeth whitening process.
One of the most popular and world-wide brand used is Philips ZOOM from USA. Zoom is done in-office at the dental clinic and is completed within 1 to 2 hours
Why choose Zoom teeth whitening technology ?
- Well-known and popular around the world
- Whitens your teeth quickly due to patented teeth whitening gel and special light source that accelerates whitening effect
- Method that is safe and effective. Generally, teeth can possibly be whitened 3 to 8 shades
- Provides instant and immediate teeth whitening results
Home bleaching can be done at the comfort of your home. The kit from our dental office includes
- Customized bleaching trays molded specially and only for you
- Syringes of teeth whitening gels
Process on having a take-home bleaching kit done
- Your dentist does a checkup to ensure you are suited for home bleaching and prescribes the teeth whitening gels
- A teeth impression is taken of your teeth to make the customized bleaching trays for wear at home
- The set of trays are delivered same or one day later and following the instructions of your dentist on the use of your home bleaching kit. If unsure on any instructions, please call up our our Chiang mai dental clinic
Instructions for take-home teeth whitening
- Take a syringe of the take home teeth whitening gel and apply a thin layer of gel at the front of the customized bleaching tray
- Wear the customized whitening tray with the gel and wipe off from gums any whitening gel that may have overflowed out of your tray
- Wear the tray about 4 to 6 hours per day for about 1 to 2 weeks during day time or night time while sleeping. The timeframe to wear the bleaching tray will vary with the concentration of teeth whitening gel recommended by your dentist
- Avoid consuming color-staining foods and beverages such as tea, coffee, red wine, soft drinks, chocolate for the first few days. You may use a straw instead of drinking directly from the glass
- Smoking should be avoided after treatment to prevent color stains from being absorbed.
- Avoid cosuming foods and beverages that are acidic, spicy foods, sour, too hot or cold after teeth whitening that may increase teeth sensitivity.
- Always keep your oral health clean by brushing your teeth properly at least 2 times a day, morning and evening or after eating color-staining foods each time